1) When it is gray and cold outside, dimly lit and warm inside
2) An undisturbed, fresh coating of pure white snow, upon which no foot has trod, no tire has tread, no bird has lighted.
3) Hot chocolate with marshmallows
4) Reading by candlelight on a dark night
5) A long Winter's nap
6) Winter squash recipes
7) Soups and stews accompanied by warm, homemade bread
8) Quiet thoughts which come more readily on Winter evenings
9) Going sledding with children whose glee at the downward rush is irrepressible
10) The silence that follows a heavy snowfall
11) Baking in an oven that warms the whole house and sends delicious aromas throughout every room
12) The excitement and promise of a new calendar upon which nothing has yet been written, it is all up to me
13) The re-evaluation of a life, the setting of some honest, do-able goals
14) Hot Cider
15) Roasted meats, thick mashed potatoes, warm vegetables
16) Blank pages of a new journal
17) Nag Campa incense, the Winter essence for my home
18) Another year older, another year wiser, another year more thankful
19) Plans, hopes and dream
20) Underneath the frozen ground, the hope and promise of a Spring one day to be re-awakened.
What do you love most about the Winter months? Please tell me!