Home for the Holidays, by Thomas Kincaid

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Simple Woman's Daybook, January 25th


FOR TODAY

Outside my window...there is a fresh layer of snow.

I am thinking...of ways to better serve my family and care for my home.

I am thankful for...relative health. It is an amazing thing to be able to stand up and walk. I know that may sound funny, but there have been periods in my life when I could not do that. Being whole of body enough to be useful is a miracle I never fully understood until it was taken from me. It is a joy and a miracle to be able to move around at will.

From the kitchen...it is clean and sparkly! What a wonderful time for you to visit. It is all fresh and ready for some yummy project to begin.

I am wearing...black pants, rose plaid shirt and black boots. I feel relatively attractive today!

I am creating...clean and organized home office where I can work and be creative.

I am going...nowhere today. This is a home day.

I am reading...Hiroshima by John Hershey

Amazon.com Review

When the atomic bomb was dropped on Hiroshima, few could have anticipated its potential for devastation. Pulitzer prize-winning author John Hersey recorded the stories of Hiroshima residents shortly after the explosion and, in 1946, Hiroshima was published, giving the world first-hand accounts from people who had survived it. The words of Miss Sasaki, Dr. Fujii, Mrs. Nakamara, Father Kleinsorg, Dr. Sasaki, and the Reverend Tanimoto gave a face to the statistics that saturated the media and solicited an overwhelming public response. Whether you believe the bomb made the difference in the war or that it should never have been dropped, "Hiroshima" is a must read for all of us who live in the shadow of armed conflict.

I am hoping...to have the energy that I need to complete everything I'd like to do today. :)

I am hearing...Bernadette Peters singing "No One is Alone" on Pandora Radio.

Around the house...Two sleepin' pussycats...the dishwasher is running... Music on the computer... and me, taking a much needed break from cleaning to visit with you.

One of my favorite things...beautiful music playing in a quiet house, a neatly written list of chores to do, purpose, surety. Oops! That is 4 things. :)

A few plans for the rest of the week: I am going to a Young Women's meeting with my daughter at church tomorrow night. We may catch a movie together as a family Friday night. Also, as a family we will go to the LDS Temple on Thursday night

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...a beautiful country bedroom from Country Living Magazine.

4 comments:

Myrnie said...

Sounds wonderful! I love the soundtrack from Into the Woods :)

Marie Rayner said...

Great daybook Elizabeth! I am loving the look of that book as well. It sounds really interesting! Thanks for sharing! xxoo

Sybil said...

Seems you have a good week ahead...just don't be trying to do to much. I would love to have a bedroom like the one from the mag. ..well I can dream...
Love Sybil x

What I Did Today said...

You're always reading the most interesting looking books. And I love the Country Living magazine too. Hope your family movie night is fun. Think we'll be doing the same here. :)