Home for the Holidays, by Thomas Kincaid

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Show and Tell Friday, January 13

Hello Friends and Visitors!

I haven't done a Show and Tell Friday in a while so I thought it would be fun to show some thrift store finds from awhile back (as in several years). Below is the top of my dressing table.

Everything is from a thrift store, except for the kitty bum, which......belongs to a kitty.
This candle stands in a bed of rose petals that come from a bouquet my dear departed mother sent to me 7 years ago. The candle, holder and plate are all thrift finds.
I love the base of this lamp. It is so unusual. It intrigues me because the pineapple was a symbol of hospitality in Colonial times.
Here is the rest of the lamp which is also a thrift find.
The table skirt is a lovely embroidered sheer curtain panel over a pure silk shawl, which I found in mint condition.
The shawl is also embroidered...
As well as the curtain...
The floral garland I picked up for $1 at a rummage sale. It is like new.
So, there you have just a few of my treasures that I have found over the years. Much of my house is decorated from thrift, rummage and estate sales - three of my favorite places to go!

For more Show and Tell Friday posts, please visit Cindy at My Romantic Home.

Blessings,
Elizabeth

6 comments:

What I Did Today said...

Beautiful! It all looks great. I love the lamp especially! I used to go garage saling every weekend and hit up the local thrift stores regularly. I vow to do better come Summer. Too much fun!

Myrnie said...

I love the pineapple lamp!

Melissa Miller said...

Hi Elizabeth,
You have a welcoming and beautiful home. I adore pineapple lamps. Your orange kitty looks like our big boy Mr Chestnut. All 22 pounds of him.

Thank you for stopping by. You're always welcome anytime sweet friend.

Happy weekend!
~Melissa

Sybil said...

Hi Elizabeth, sorry I havn't looked in these last couple of days..lots been going on over here !! to do with a certain birthday that seems to go on for days !!!what wonderful finds you seem to find., I am almost envious, I never seem to be able to see anything half as nice as these are. I reckon there are folks who do find and folks who don't, I know a few friends who always find bargains I feel like walking behind them...just in case..LOL
As for winter...well I am not so sure that I can enjoy cold icy days.( I can remember well when in Scotland our windows were decorated with lovely looking lace..but it was ice on the inside !!) Roll on spring !!
Love Sybil xx

Splendid Little Stars said...

lovely items in a lovely arrangement! (including kitty!)

Andy and Ana said...

Elizabeth, You have a lovely home....
especially your Sentry-Cat, what a beauty. Sincerely, ana