Home for the Holidays, by Thomas Kincaid

Monday, January 24, 2011

Menu, January 24th and Casserole Recipe

The sun is shining today. After many December and January Days when the sun was covered by a thick gray sky, sunshine feels like a new and blessed revelation.

Today, is of course, Monday. This is the day that I bless my home with cleaning. I need someone to light a firecracker under my bum so that I get moving. Some days it's hard to get the old caboose going. Anyone else out there like that?

What motivates you to get going on cleaning?

I also have lots of laundry to do. I enjoy ironing while watching a movie or good show. That is a treat for me.

Okay, so here is this weeks' menu for suppers. Click on the links if you would like recipes...

Menu for Week of January 24th

Monday - Tater Tot Casserole*, Tossed Salad and Dessert (Gingerbread Cake)

Tuesday - Tuna Melts, Fruit Salad

Wednesday - Black-Eye Peas, Cornbread and Greens

Thursday - Chicken Fingers, Steak Fries and Salad

Friday - Homemade Pizza

Saturday - Stir Fry (to be determined)

Sunday - Ham, limas, mashed taters, squash and pie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For more Menu Planning Monday, please visit Laura at I'm An Organizing Junkie!

Here is my personal recipe for Tater Tot Casserole.

Tater Tot Casserole

1 lb. hamburger, browned and drained
1 cup chopped onion, sauteed
1 can of green beans
1 1/2 cans Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 lb. Tater Tot crowns
pinch of parsley flake

Arrange tater tots on a baking sheet and brown at 450°F for 25 minutes. While the Tater Tots are baking, brown the hamburger then add the parsley.

Once browned, use a spatula to break up the hamburger as much as possible. Then add the cream of mushroom soup, sauteed onions and green beans.

Set aside until Tater Tots are done. Layer the hamburger mixture into a 9x13 pan and arrange Tater Tots over the top until covered.

Bake for 10 minutes and ENJOY!

Have a great one -
Elizabeth

3 comments:

Myrnie said...

Yum! Tater Tot casserole is a favorite of my BIL, I'd never heard of it until we all ate it at his 16th birthday :)

Alexandra said...

Wednesday looks really good! :)

Unknown said...

I guess I better get some parsley. Damn!