Home for the Holidays, by Thomas Kincaid

Monday, October 13, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook

Peggy over at The Simple Woman has the following meme going:

For Today...

Outside my Window...
it is overcast, but all the snow is melted from the ground.

I am thinking...how nice it is to be cooking over a warm stove inside when it is chilly outside.

From the learning rooms...unfinished novels, Twilight and Dracula for October.

I am thankful for...oh, so many things...God, faith, family and the chance to begin anew everyday!

From the kitchen...carrot & zucchini bars, chicken enchiladas, oatmeal raisin cookies and possibly more.

I am wearing...thrift store jeans that look like new and my warm, yummy pink sweater that Beth gave me for Christmas.

I am reading...the end of Dracula, gothic novel that is so much better than the movies.

I am hoping...God will carry us through these uncertain times.

I am creating...wonderful kitchen smells for my children to come home to.

I am hearing...CD of "The Purpose Driven Life".

Around the house...lots of laundry and two big, ole pussycats who follow me around everywhere.

One of my favorite things...Vanilla Hazelnut herbal tea with lots of cream and sugar.

Plans For The Rest Of The Week...
Spending time with hubby, fixing up the house, getting together with friends, exulting in the season!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

I'm sorry. I don't know how to put a picture at the bottom of a page! :(


1 comment:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Such a nice, positive post. Thank you. I needed it.

The easiest way to post a picture at the bottom is to upload it, then put a space or two above it, and then type in that space above it.

You can also do it later, but that involves cutting and pasting. You have to select the tab that says "Edit html" on the compose page, go up to the top and find all the code that goes with the photo--it will start with a left-pointing arrow bracket, and it will end with /a inside pointy brackets. (I can't type the symbols because blogger thinks it's real html code and keeps telling me I'm not doing it right.)

Once you have the code, you can highlight it, cut it, and then paste it anywhere on the page you want.

Feel free to email me if this doesn't make sense.