Home for the Holidays, by Thomas Kincaid

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

~Simple Pleasures~

I like a simple little house
With flowers by the door,

An ample larder for my needs

And not much more in store.


I like a window toward the sun
And doors that open wide,
The trickle of a bath for birds
With feathered friends beside.

I like a tidy nook inside
Where my books and slippers lie,
A cup for tea, a magazine,
A warming hearth nearby.

I like some trinkets on the sills,
White ruffles at the panes,
The comfort of a sturdy roof
To shelter me from rains.

I like the cozy ambiance,
A place of sweet retreat
Where life unfolds along the way
And each new day's a treat!

-Virginia Borman Grimmer
(borrowed from Kelli at There's No Place Like Home)

1 comment:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Lovely. If we all took the time to enjoy simple pleasures, we wouldn't be so acquisitive and the world would be better off.