Home for the Holidays, by Thomas Kincaid

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Family Update

I was trying to upload a bunch of pictures of a wonderful Halloween party we attended this past Saturday, as well as a sweet, little family Halloween dinner we had for ourselves on Monday night, but there seems to be a problem with Blogger and pictures right now. So, I guess I will just make this post an update on our family concerns.

Thanks to all those who have said prayers for us during our time of unemployment. We've had good days and difficult days since Mark lost his job. The challenge has been to re-think Mark's career path, since he has decided that his days in sales are over. Even before the lay-off, Mark was dreaming of doing something less stressful than worrying about quotas and all the pressure pinning down clients. Currently, he is pursuing trying to get a job in education, on either a high school or college level. His degree in Sports Science/Exercise Physiology and his plentiful experience in coaching elite young athletes would make him a perfect candidate for a teaching/coaching position. He would love to do this for a career. There seem to be openings locally. We are praying we may find a fit.

Unforunately, teaching is not a lucrative career. So, I am currently training with Internet Transcribing Services to do transcribing of tele-conferences and seminars, etc. at home. I pray that a part-time income and my husband's full-time job will cover our bills, be somewhat recession-proof and keep us in this nice neighborhood where we are currently living.

I hope that you are enjoying your Autums. I am looking forward to visiting everyone's blogs tonight, when I will have some personal time again.

God bless you and your families.
Love,
Elizabeth

2 comments:

Beth at Aunties said...

I am looking forward to seeing your pictures. Halloween can be so festive and fun especially with kids!
I hope and pray all works out for you and your family. Good for you for taking additional training that will help out.
Have a great evening!
~Beth

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Blessings on you and your family. I hope that all works out.