Home for the Holidays, by Thomas Kincaid

Friday, June 25, 2010

Show & Tell Friday/Thrift Store Finds

Welcome Friends and Visitors!

Today, I am showing you some thrift store finds that I bought quite awhile back, but I love them and would like to share.

First, I have two of this plate which go beautifully with my white china in my hutch. My livingroom/diningroom colors are sage green and pastels (for Spring and Summer, anyway). These cute plates are a wonderful accent which pick up the colors in the room.
This soup tureen originally cost me a dollar! I love creams and whites in my display hutch. Those light colors next to the walnut finish of the wood look so lovely to the eye...

Next, I picked up this dress for a song (thrifting, of course) in order to make an apron out of it. I just pulled it out to work on it and decided I'd like to show you.
Don't you think it will make a sweet apron, maybe even two?
For more Show and Tell Fridays...

...please visit Cindy at My Romantic Home.

Have a wonderful day!
Elizabeth

5 comments:

Simply Debbie said...

HELLO ELIZABETH,
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR DROPPING BY TO VISIT.
WE LOVE THE SAME BACKGROUND DON'T WE. I ALSO LOVE YOUR HEADER...I HAVE THAT ONE SAVED BECAUSE I LOVE VINTAGE HATS.
OH I LOVE, LOVE WHITE SOUP TUREENS AND THAT ONE IS GORGEOUS...AND ONLY A 1.00...IF I HAD SEEN A 1.00 FOR THAT I WOULD HAVE SQUEALED AND FAINTED AND SOMEONE ELSE WOULD BE CARRYING IT OFF...LOL
LET'S STAY IN TOUCH.
HUGS AND BLESSINGS
SIMPLY DEBBIE

Susan said...

Great treasures! Thanks for sharing. Susan

Myrnie said...

I love that soup tureen! I have dreams of installing a big white shelf and filling it with big white dishes...and then I remember that I live within spitting distance of three major earthquake fault lines. Heh.

Sybil said...

What a lovely colourful plate that is I love it. You must have some good thrift stores near you. That dress will make such nice aprons, clever you...
Love Sybil x

Anne said...

Pretty. I hope you will post your finished apron pic. :)