Home for the Holidays, by Thomas Kincaid

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

An Afternoon Nap

Sunday afternoon I decided to sit out in the backyard under our apple tree. It was so wonderful to rest in the grass and look up at the sky which was a gorgeous blue. I found that I wasn't the only one to seek the shade. Two sleeping pussycats had already found a favorite spot.
They love the soft dirt of this raised bed. It is cool and the green boughs of the apple tree provide a canopy from the sun.
There is nothing like a long afternoon nap on a quiet Sunday. Here lies a sun dappled kitty, far away in dreamland.
Makes me want to lie down for a gentle snooze myself.

For more Cats on Tuesday, please visit Gattina's blog.

4 comments:

Irishcoda said...

I love those pictures. The cats blend in so well I almost didn't see them. They sure love their sleeping spots!

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I need to do more of this . . . just being outdoors. I've been doing so much doing lately.

The Chair Speaks said...

I, too, would love to join them in such a lovely relaxing corner if I were there. :)

Gattina said...

What a wonderful napping place, would suit me too ! on top it must smell very nicely too, lol !
Since I wrote it's cold here, it got suddenly hot !