Home for the Holidays, by Thomas Kincaid

Friday, June 11, 2010

Laurie's Homemade Laundry Soap


My friend, Laurie, shared this recipe with me and it is really terrific. It works well and is very inexpensive.

1 c. of Arm & Hammer Washing Soda
1 c. of Borax
1 bar of Fels-Naptha, grated

Laurie says.."Grate the soap and let it dry for a day, then pulse it to a powder, then mix it with the borax and washing soda. I use just 2 Tablespoons in a large (or even extra large) load. "

Enjoy!
Elizabeth

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Hi! Just a little clarification: grate the soap and let it dry for a day, then pulse it to a powder, then mix it with the borax and washing soda. I use just 2 Tablespoons in a large (or even extra large) load.

I can't take credit for this recipe---I didn't make it up. It's on several web sites. I've used it for about a year now and it works quite well! Only rarely do I need to add any laundry boosters, such as generic oxyclean, and only in extra dirty or extra stinky loads.

Myrnie said...

Love this stuff- I've been using it for 2 1/2 years now! I've never tried drying the soap- I chunk it up then pulse it, then throw in the dry ingredients and pulse again. Good stuff!