Home for the Holidays, by Thomas Kincaid

Thursday, September 18, 2008

A September Walk

Well, I woke up in another funk today and I perceived that what this body needed was a good long walk. So, I got myself together and headed towards my favorite place on earth, the library. It is several miles from my home, so I knew I would get a lot of exercise from going there.
I thought that you would enjoy seeing what our mountains look like. The sun isn't in a good place for these pictures, so the mountains look hazy, but you can get an idea of how beautiful they are. We live on the foothills of these beauties, which are part of the Wasatch Range, a segment of the
Rockies.

Below is my place of refuge, the Sandy City Library. I've been going to it for ten years and count myself lucky to be in a country where my little library card affords me the ability to have any book that I want - at no cost (unless of course, I am late turning it back in!)
Below are some sweeties that I saw along my way back home...
Brown-eyed Susans and below...
...a golden pansie (sp?).

I stopped and lay on the hill where I cloud-gazed several weeks ago. The sky was flawless, though...no clouds in sight. So, instead I lay praying in my heart, asking God to hear my melancholy heart, talking to him as a child would to a beloved parent. I asked Him to be close to me and to be my Father and comfort me. There were not bursts of Divine Light, no thunderous response. But in my heart of hearts I knew that He had heard me.

Then, I got up, brushed myself off and headed once more towards the mountains that I have learned to call home, back to my mess of a house and overflowing vegetable garden which I am now determined to conquer.

I hope you are having a blessed day!
Elizabeth

1 comment:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Beautiful mountains. So that's what the Wasatch Range looks like. Did I tell you I had to write a Utah state government book earlier this summer? It had a short section on history and another short section on geography, in addition to pages and pages on government. It's good to see the scenery I was writing about!

I hope your mood is picking up.