20 Things I love About Autumn....
Melissa over at the Inspired Room wrote a list of 20 things she loves about Autumn.
Here are mine:
1) Watching the blaze of colors start up on our mountains and, over time, make their way down to the foothills and then the valley.
2) Brilliant, gold leaves against a clear, blue sky.
3) Wrapped up in a blanket, taking the ski-lift up the mountains at Sundance to see the wild mountain color.
4)Fresh squeezed (squished?) apple cider with cinnamon sticks.
5) Groves of mountain aspens shimmering gold in the sunlight
6) Ghost stories
7) The Harvest moon sitting plump and white with his chin on the hill in the mountain pass, looking out over the valley
8) Leaving out treats for fall faeries
9) Waking up snuggled in the warm blankets in a cold house.
10) The smoky scent of neighborhood fireplaces lighting up for the first time on a cold morning.
11) Autumn trees dripping puddles of golden lace all around their trunks
12) Scented candles that smell so yummy you could eat them
13) Soups, stews, and chilis with homemade bread
14) Bringing in and preserving a good harvest and having it all safe and sound in one's pantry
15) Taking family walks through the neighborhood at night
16) Warm fruit and pumpkin pies
17) Cuddling up in a comforter and reading to the family
18) Hayrides at neigboring farms
19) Fall Cleaning
20) Feeling thankful for God's bounty
Have a lovely day!