Home for the Holidays, by Thomas Kincaid

Sunday, August 17, 2008

A Day at Lagoon

Hi, Ladies!
I haven't blogged much last week because the children and I are enjoying the last days of summer before school starts.
Friday, we spent the day at a local amusement park with our friends Josh and Mara (see their family at Joyful Liberation
I forgot to take pictures, so the pictures in this post are from the Internet.
This amusement park is 115 years old. It has a lot of fun rides...

This is my favorite ride, Turn of the Century. We went on this in the evening when the wind was blowing hard and it was thrilling! I felt like I was flying.
This ride, the Spider, scared the living daylights out of me. I only went on it because Robert begged me to and I got through it by a combination of prayer and LaMaze breathing.
This merry-go-round is 115 years old!

We had a lot of fun, but our feet HURT by the time the day was over.
Hope you are enjoying summer's end.
Blessings,
Elizabeth

1 comment:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I love old-fashioned carousels. I don't do that scary stuff though. The Lamaze breathing is pretty funny.