Home for the Holidays, by Thomas Kincaid

Monday, August 2, 2010

Monday Planning Monday



"People are like Stained Glass Windows...
They glow and sparkle when it's sunny and bright
But, when the sun goes down their true beauty is
revealed only if there is a light from within..."

~~Unknown

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, I am back up and feeling like blogging again. Hope that you are all well and enjoying your Summer.

This week, in an order to be determined later, we will be having the following suppers:

Chicken Enchiladas with homemade tortillas, salad

Meatloaf, mashed potatoes and steamed veggies

Cornmeal Dusted Fried Fish, Unfried Fries and Slaw

Shanghia Pasta with Shrimp, Fruit Smoothies

Southern Beans, Greens and Cornbread

And that's all I have right now. I think I'll post recipes as I go, because I'm just not up to it.

For more Menu Planning Monday, please visit Laura at I'm An Organizing Junkie.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How is everyone's gardens doing? I have a lot of watermelons growing. About five pumpkins so far, but recent rains after my own watering has endangered some of those plants. Cukes, tomatoes, corn and peppers are gearing up. Oh boy, I see canning, canning and more canning in my future.

I would appreciated your prayers for my dear husband, right now. The passing of his ex-wife has deeply affected him, as well as his sons and her husband. It's a very tender time.

Have a wonderful day!
Elizabeth

1 comment:

Beth at Aunties said...

I love the quote! Isn't it true? Your beauty always shines through and hopefully the peace from the gospel and sealing ordinances will comfort your family.
I just picked up the CD's from dad's funeral and ahve been listening to them this afternoon. It is a very tender time and I KNOW loved ones and s[irit can be felt so strongly.
With love, ~♥