Home for the Holidays, by Thomas Kincaid

Friday, October 18, 2013

Show and Tell Friday - October 18th - Primitive Halloween Decorations

Show And Tell Friday - Halloween Decorations/Entryway and Living Room
 
Welcome to our home!  We have only been here a year and there is much to do, but here is what we have going so far...for HALLOWEEN~
 
 Our entryway looks a little bare because I removed sweaters hanging on the peg rail, but they didn't quite match! :)
 

 I love this little table!  Over the years I have picked up my decorations at many different places, often waiting until after the holiday to snatch a bargain on something I have been eyeing for awhile.  The metal crow comes from Piper Classics.  It is one of my favorite things.
 Just made the BOO sign at a fun ladies gathering at church this past week....
 This pumpkin guy I use as a candle holder, as the candle burns down the light from the flame shines through his eyes!  The metal leaf holder I got at a thrift store for $1.

 
 Here is a closer look at my crow.  The little jack-o-lantern toy I bought at an after-HALLOWEEN sale years ago. 
 My friend, Sue, is an expert quilter.  I have purchased many of her seasonal quilts over the years.  Here are two HALLOWEEN themed quilts.
Another view of our entryway...
 
 
A jaunty orange ribbon spices up a colonial-style lamp!
 
 
 Our coffee table...
 
 Doesn't he look like he is up to no good?
 Our hearth...
 Love these candle holders from Piper Classics...
 Our living room...Imagine it candle lit with a fire going...That is how our Fall evenings look...
 I try to keep the decorations simple.
Found this flying witch cling-on at Joanns Fabrics.
This pumpkinhead is another favorite things...AND and an after-HALLOWEEN sale item!
Some ripe pumpkins...
 
Nic nacs from sales, thrifting and the other people's gardens :)

 

 
Hope you enjoyed a small tour of our humble home.
 
For more Show and Tell Friday posts click HERE.
 
Have a great day!
 

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Love all your Halloween decorations. We shop alike after the holiday sales. Wait to you see my Patriotic treasures. Thanks for the visit.

Cathy

Sybil said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely halloween ready house. It is not something we do over here in the UK...mayeb one day people will start doing it.. I have seen more and more pumpkins around these last couple of years...I do love your sitting room so homely looking...bet you will enjoy sitting in there come the cold nights xxx