Home for the Holidays, by Thomas Kincaid

Friday, May 28, 2010

Bird Bath Feeder/Bath Craft

Hello, Friends, Neighbors and Visitors!

I'm taking a break from putting in my vegetable garden - my back is demanding it! I thought I'd show you a fun craft I've recently had time for in between working in the garden. It's a bird bath or feeder idea that I found in the May 2009 Family Fun Magazine.

All you need to get started is
3/8" manilla rope
15" grapevine wreath (used two old wreaths I found at a yard sale last year)
two 10" terra cotta saucers (again, I used what I had and fortunately it worked!)
Artificial leaves and flowers, if you want to spruce it up (I didn't)

It's easy! Just fit the clay saucers in the center of your wreaths, like this...
Cut your rope into three, 5' long lengths, then knot them together at each end, like this...
Fit the wreath feeder inside the three ropes and hang, like this...


See how simple and pretty it is? I made three - two feeders and one "bath". The birds love them all!

Have a great day!
Elizabeth

6 comments:

Myrnie said...

That turned out lovely- I'll bet the birds really appreciate those :)

Alexandra said...

Beautiful! I really like the way it turned out. If I didn't have a lot of naughty squirrels, I'd make this myself.

Laura said...

HOW CUTE!! Thank you for posting!! I think my little outdoor birds would love something like that. Have a great weekend!

MamaBirdEmma said...

That is so cute!!

Marie Rayner said...

Elizabeth, what a cute and easy craft! I will have to see if I can find any of those nests around here to use. Thanks!

Unknown said...

This is my first time I visit here. I found so many interesting stuffs in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here keep up the good work PaWz Bird Bath Feeder