Home for the Holidays, by Thomas Kincaid

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Menu Planning Monday - March 1st


Hello, Friends and Visitors!

Hope your weekend has been wonderful. For those of your here for Menu Planning Monday, I won't waste any time. Here, for your enjoyment are my menus...

Monday - Chicken Encilantrada, brown rice, with avacado and tomotoes.

Tuesday - Shrimp Tetrazinni, Tossed Salad

Thursday - Chicken Florentine, Steamed Broccoli and Cauliflower

Friday - Crockpot Pinto Beans, Cornbread and Tossed Salad

Saturday - Quinoa, Steamed Asparagus, Poached Cod Fillets


Hope you enjoy the recipes and to see more Menu Planning Monday posts, please visit Laura at I'm An Organizing Junkie!

***********************************************************************************

Now, I am on to other aspects of life.

We saw another friend in another play, but this time it was wonderful. I really enjoyed it and so did my daughter. "Beauty and The Beast" was well staged, beautifully costumed, well choreographed and enjoyably acted. And no drunk Tevyes! :) What a refreshing experience!

I haven't been able to blog over the past few days, missing out on some of my favorite blog experiences, like Show and Tell Friday, etc. My internet was messed up and then my wireless router had problems. I had to call India to get help and that was a very stressful experience because of the language barrier, but we finally got some of it fixed. Ugh. It's amazing how we never think about the eletronics we use and take them quite for granted until they have a problem, then what a pain they are to fix.

I am looking forward to this week and the beginning of March. I am so completely ready for Spring. I am planning my veggie garden and hoping for early planting. I can't wait to be able to sit outside and listen to my favorite thing - the birds!

How about you? Are you looking forward to Spring? Will you be planting a garden? If so, what will it include?

Blessings,
Elizabeth


5 comments:

Beth at Aunties said...

It all sound yummy!
Yes, I am really looking forward to spring and the delicious smells and sounds. We are going to host another wedding celebration in our yard. My sister is getting married! :)

Blessings, ~♥

Bella @ Lil Daisies said...

Now, how cute is your blog all set-up to celebrate St. Patricks? And, with the song O' Danny Boy playing too....ha ha TOO CUTE!

We are having quinoa this week too! One of my favorite grains.

Looks like a yummy menu planned out!

Blessings,
Bella
http://lildaisies.blogspot.com

Alexandra said...

Spring can't get here too soon for me. I think I'm done with cold weather. ;)

Myrnie said...

It all sounds delicious :) I've been so good about doing our meal-planning on Mondays...and then get to the end of the week, and we've only made one or two of the meals. Husband is a tax accountant, and we just don't see him for many meals right now! So I'm careful to cook something nice on Sunday and Monday (he tries really hard to always be here in time for Family Night), and the rest of the evenings the girls and I punt :)

Mom wrote today that she planted seeds in her greenhouse- I'm nervous because I sent the seeds to her house and I KNOW she planted every single one. There were four kinds of tomatoes, plus probably 10 other seed packets! Oh, I wish you were here: I'd fill your garden with starts in April :) I have leeks on the windowsill, and peppers and brussels sprouts trying to germinate on top of the refrigerator (warmer up there.) Good luck with your gardening plans!

Anne said...

Mmm! Asparagus is awesome! I mix soy sauce into some mayo for a dip. The "My love is like a red red rose" song is just beautiful.