Home for the Holidays, by Thomas Kincaid

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook, December 29th, 2010

FOR TODAY
Outside my window...is gray and rainy. Temperatures are cooling and soon we will have snow - the snow that eluded us during Christmas will blanket everything by New Years.

I am thinking...about how to bring to spirit of Christmas - the attention to the Savior and the kindness and sharing - into the New Years.

I am thankful for... a warm home and plenty of food to eat, for loved ones both far and near. It is a blessing to be loved.

From the kitchen...we have plumbers, working to stop a leak. Later, there will be cupcakes baking for the new children I will be teaching this Sunday.

I am wearing...A warm, cotton sweater, nice jeans and the new fabulously comfy slippers my dauther gave me for Christmas.

I am creating...a new schedule and some do-able goals for the New Year which will help me be more productive with my time and allow for greater creativity in my life.

I am going...to do some cleaning and nesting later today. For now, I am enjoying quiet and stillness in my morning.

I am reading...Confessions of an Organized Homemaker, but Deniece Schofield.

I am hoping... for so many things in the future...to publish a book I am currently writing, to get my act together a little more, to be diligent and more effective in life.

I am hearing... sweet silence. How I love quiet. It fills up my heart and soul with prayerful feelings.

Around the house... the plumbers are finished and I need to begin my chores.

One of my favorite things... a cold, gray day without, a warm, softly lit house within.

A few plans for the rest of the week: blessing my home (cleaning), baking for my Sunday School (Primary) children, preparing finger foods for New Years Eve, more planning for 2011.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
The picture of the madonna and child, above, is from The Cathedral of the Madaleine in Salt Lake City, where I attended a Christmas Eve concert with my family...The vaulted ceilings are adorned with beautiful murals of angels...

The concert was performed by children from their choir school...Such clear and innocent voices.
I hope that you are still savoring the joys of this holiday season.

God Bless,
Elizabeth

2 comments:

B. said...

I would love to be warm and cozy and waiting for snow!! Its been chilly here but.... no snow

What I Did Today said...

What a beautiful list and I've never been to that cathedral. It looks stunning!