Home for the Holidays, by Thomas Kincaid

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Cinnamon Ornaments, A Great Holiday Craft


The first time I ever heard of cinnamon ornaments was through Laura at Our Scented Cottage (thank you for picture!). Ever since then I have wanted to make them.

I went searching around on the Internet and found a fabulously aromatic recipe which is as follows:

Applesauce/Cinnamon Ornaments

1 c. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. allspice
1 tsp. ground cloves
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 c. applesauce

Mix dry ingredients. Add applesauce a little at a time. Mixture should have consistency of playdough. If too dry, add 1-2 tablespoons applesauce. Roll 1/4 inch thick on ungreased surface. If too sticky, sprinkle with ground cinnamon. Cut with cookie cutters. Place on level surface to dry 4-5 days. Insert fine wire at top of ornament before drying. Tie with ribbon. Yield 2 dozen.

I made these today and they are still drying...So, I will show them to you in few days when they are all dry.

Hope they are finished by the time we have our G Family Dinner, Sunday night! :)

Have a great one!
Elizabeth

1 comment:

Myrnie said...

Yummy!! I think I made some of this when I was in elementary school...that's a LOT of cinnamon!