Hello, lovely Friends and Visitors!
Happy Autumn day! Guess what? My computer crashed last week (I sat my laptop down on my son's powerful magnate without knowing it and it wiped my hard drive). That's why I haven't posted for a week. I just got it back and am way behind in work. So, for today, I am re-posting from last year.
20 Things I love About Autumn....
1) Watching a blaze of color begom up on our mountains and, over time, making its way down to the foothills and then the valley.
2) Brilliant gold leaves against a clear, blue sky.
3) Wrapping up in a blanket, taking the ski-lift up the mountains at Sundance Ski Resort to see the wild mountain colors.
4)Freshly squeezed (squished?) apple cider with cinnamon sticks.
5) Groves of mountain aspens shimmering gold in the sunlight
6) Ghost stories
7) The Harvest moon sitting plump and white with his chin on a hill in the mountain pass, looking out over the valley
8) Leaving out treats for fall faeries
9) Waking up snuggled in warm blankets in a cold house.
10) The smoky scent of neighborhood fireplaces lighting up for the first time on a cold morning.
11) Autumn trees dripping puddles of golden lace all around their trunks
12) Scented candles that smell so yummy you could eat them
13) Soups, stews, and chilis with homemade bread
14) Bringing in and preserving a good harvest and having it all safe and sound in one's pantry
15) Taking family walks through the neighborhood at night
16) Warm fruit and pumpkin pies
17) Cuddling up in a comforter and reading to the family
18) Hayrides at neigboring farms
19) Fall Cleaning
20) Feeling thankful for God's bounty
Have a lovely day!