Home for the Holidays, by Thomas Kincaid

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Links to Workout Videos

Hello, Everyone!

We are back from camping and rushing around to get ready for school. Hope that you are all ready for the new school year. I will be sharing pictures from our camping trip for Outdoor Wednesday, next week. Couldn't get everything prepared to do it for today.

Today, I'd like to share with you my thoughts about the importance of exercise. We all know that we need it and I think that most of us have experienced how good we feel when we are on a regimen, but it so incredibly hard to fit it into our busy days. So, it is easy to convince ourselves that we just can't get around to it.

It's more fun to exercise with someone, so I like to do it with a friend. That makes me accountable to someone to get my rear going. We get together at her house and work out to DVD's. However, I have just found another resource that is great for when you are by yourself. There are oodles of yoga, pilates and other workout videos on YouTube. All you need is your computer and enough space to move around and you have it made! What's great about using YouTube videos is that they are free and also there are enough varieties and so many of them, one isn't easily bored by having to do the same old thing all the time. I think it is always easier to workout at home than to get to a gym.

Yoga. This discipline is so wonderful for gaining overall strength and flexibility. Here are links to a few of my favorites...

Pilates is great for strengthening one's core muscles, which in turn strengthens the back and helps to prevent injury. It is an often demanding routine, but can be worked up to...

Now, just add a good, swift walk for 30 minutes, several times a week and you will be good to go!

Cheers!

Elizabeth

1 comment:

Alexandra said...

Nice to see you back! I love your header picture. :) Good reminder about YouTube freebies.