Home for the Holidays, by Thomas Kincaid

Monday, September 9, 2013

Menu Planning Monday. September 9-15th

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack...!

Yes, it's true after long stretches of not having a working computer combined with lots of fun health issues, I am finally on my feet and typing up a storm again!

After remaining silent for two years, I am back and raring to get this blog into Fall Festivities of every kind.

But to begin this week, I am sharing my favorite thing, FOOD FOR THE WEEK!  Here is my menu plan for September 9th through the 15th:



We are much more than what we eat, but what we eat can nevertheless help us to be much more than what we are!
- Adele Davis (1904-1974)


Monday - Easiest Meatloaf, Garlic Basil Mashed Potatoes & Spinach Salad
(98% lean beef combined with extras:  shredded zucchini from the garden, lots of fresh garlic, chopped celery and onion)

Tuesday - Crock Pot Roast Chicken, Brown Rice, Peas with Chopped Lean Ham, Pineapple

Wednesday - Spaghetti and Tomato Sauce, Caesar Salad - Spiced Pumpkin Cookies for dessert!
(Sneak some cooked sweet potato or carrots into Tomato Sauce!)

Thursday - Black Eyed Peas, Whole Wheat Cornbread, Sneaky Smoothie
(Sneakie Smoothie:  Bananas, Frozen Strawberries, Milk and .... fresh spinach!)


Obviously, I LOVE to sneak!  Can ya tell that I have picky teens?
 

Friday - Homemade Hoagies for Game Night, Baked Lays, Fruit - GO TEAM!

Saturday - Grilled Hot Dogs with all the fixins', Chips and Mango Salsa, Cukes & Rice Vinegar

Sunday - Grilled lean Petite Sirloin Steaks, Tossed Salad and Potato Salad.

For more posts on Menu Planning Monday, check out this link, Organizing Junkie.

Have a great start to your week and make sure to come back here tomorrow, as I start the series:

Rediscovering Joy!

No comments: