Home for the Holidays, by Thomas Kincaid

Monday, May 24, 2010

Another Blast of Wintry Weather


Alright! Everybody together now:

Jingle bells, jingle bells
Jingle all the way....

Yes, it is snowing again! Woke up this morning and white greeted my eyes. It's a terrible time for it to be snowing after many people have put in their veggie gardens. Our no freeze, safe date is May 15th. A friend of mine lost 19 tomato plants Saturday night when it froze. Now, it's snowing...I was upset because I hadn't gotten in my garden yet. Now, I'm thankful.

Oh, my goodness. What a weather year this has been. We were heading for a drought by March, because of low snow pack. Now, we are way ahead and in danger of flooding if it warms up suddenly in June. Usually, we are at 60% pack by now, because of Spring thawing. The run-off is gradual. However, we are at 100% snow pack right now. Boy, it better warm up slowly.

Well, enough about the weather.

I am wishing you a wonderful beginning to the work week. Check back later and I may have my menu for the week posted at the bottom of this entry.

Hot chocolate and marshmallows, anyone? :)

Elizabeth

4 comments:

Alexandra said...

Amazing! It's been cooler here as well, but I am thankful. I can't take the heat like I used to when I was younger.

A wonderful beginning of the week to you as well. :)

Myrnie said...

Oh goodness- what a sad day for the gardens!! We've lost some seedlings to torrential rains, but that's it.

So...if you're serving hot chocolate and marshmallows...I think you're my daughters' new best friend :)

Laura said...

Hello! I'm stopping in to let you know I have an award for you on my blog if you're interested! I hope you're having a great day.

Laura

Christensen Family said...

Brrr! This weather is torture for my curious toddler. She wants to go outside . . . but I don't, not in this weather.