Home for the Holidays, by Thomas Kincaid

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Hello, Friends!

Yesterday, the temperature reached 91 degrees in our house. We are still waiting for our air conditioning to be repaired. The heat has really changed how we live our days. We stay up very late until the house cools down enough for us to be able to sleep. Then, we sleep in late, while the house is still cool. Our days feel topsy-survey right now, but it works for us! Fortunately, the weather is suppose to cool down into the 80's this week. That will make an enormous difference to the way things feel in our house.

This has been an odd year, weather-wise. Winter lasted for a very long time and so did Spring. In fact, while I was on my trip to NC and VA, June 9-23rd, it was very cool and rainy here in Utah. Although it has since warmed up, the really hot weather (meaning days where the temp is around 100), which usually sets in after July 4th, hasn't happened much. I sure hope it stays this way. Anyway, it will be interesting to see what August is like and whether or not the more extreme temperatures set in.

What's the weather like where you are?

Don't have the computer on much while it's really hot in the house, but I will try to get around to visit blogs later on today.

Have a great one and keep cool!
Elizabeth

4 comments:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Elizabeth, Honey, I am praying for your air to come soon. I do not know if I could be without air. I have been dealing with hot flashes for some time now, and it just would kill me. I have to have air blowing on me all the time. Even at work I have a fan blowing nonstop on me. I am so praying for you. God bless your family dealing with this. Did they know when they would get to you all? Or are the trying to get parts? Keep me posted honey. I know God is bringing it your way. Country Hugs, Sherry

Myrnie said...

Ugh. Here's hoping your AC gets fixed soon! We've had an unusually dry summer, and we're in a heat wave right now- should be near 100 tomorrow. Hardly anyone in the area has AC, because it almost never gets this hot (and if it does, it only lasts a week). We've basically moved into the basement!

Alexandra said...

Praying for the A/C man to get the lead out and fix your air! ;) That's the pits when your air is broken. We have been through this before. I had to sleep in a wet sheet, but it did help some.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Sorry about the AC and hot weather. That doesn't sound like fun at all. Also saying a prayer for speedy repairs.